ASTG18LUCA - 5.0kW(C)/6.0kW(h)
The Fujitsu LUCA Designer Range has received two international design awards. The ‘iF Product Design Award 2012’ recognises innovative product design and the ‘Good Design Award 2011’ identifies design that enriches everyday life.
Human sensor control
The human sensor in Fujitsu’s LUCA range is designed to detect the movement of people to deliver the optimum efficiency and temperature control. When occupants leave the room and do not turn off the air conditioner, after 20 minutes of not detecting any movement in the room, the human sensor will switch the air conditioner into energy saving operation. During this operation, the set point will be increased by up to 2°C on cooling and decrease down to 4°C on heating to minimise the air conditioners energy usage. When someone re-enters the room, the human sensor will detect movement and return the air conditioner back to normal operation.
Human sensor's coverage
- Indoor unit How the air conditioner delivers comfort into the room has been improved by adopting an open panel design and a newly designed large diameter fan barrel. The introduction of these new features allows a much larger air intake to the indoor unit and better air circulation into the room space. In addition, this model has a new multi path high-density heat exchanger, which has increased the cooling and heating efficiency of the LUCA Models.
- Outdoor unit The operating noise of the outdoor unit has been reduced when compared with our other models by using an efficient air flow design. The LUCA models use a large outdoor heat exchanger and DC twin rotary compressor to be able to deliver a higher capacity when required.
- Powerful operation mode When powerful operation mode is selected on the controller, the indoor unit fan and outdoor unit compressor will operate at maximum speed to quickly make the room conditioned and comfortable.
- 10°C HEAT operation The room temperature can be set to go no lower than 10°C, thus ensuring that the room does not get too cold when not occupied.
- Slim and Smart design remote controller The LUCA models have a new designed wireless controller, which allows for more convenient operation and high quality comfort operation by pushing a single button.
What is an inverter?
Through new, advanced technology, Inverter air conditioners are more economical to operate and quieter to run than conventional units. They can handle greater extremes in temperature, are smoother and more stable in operation and reach the desired temperature more quickly than conventional air conditioners.
The Inverter component allows the outdoor unit to vary its speed and output to match the required capacity of the indoor unit. Thus, the Inverter model can achieve 30% more operating efficiency than conventional models and therefore, is much cheaper to run.
High Efficiency Technology
Significantly higher efficiency is realised by using DC twin rotary compressor, DC inverter control and DC fan motor technologies.
- Up/Down Swing Louvre The up/down louvre automatically swings up and down.
- Automatic Louvre The position of the louvres is set automatically to match the operating mode. It is also possible to adjust the louvres using the remote control.
- Auto Shut Louvre The auto shut louvres close or open automatically when the unit stops or starts.
- Automatic Air Flow Adjustment When auto mode is selected for the fan, the micro-processor adjusts the airflow to follow changes in room temperature.
- Auto Restart Should there be temporary loss of power; the unit will automatically restart itself in the same operating mode, once the power is restored.
- Auto-Changeover The unit automatically switches between heating and cooling modes based on the temperature setting and room temperature.
- Sleep Timer The micro-processor gradually changes the room temperature, allowing you to sleep comfortably at night.
- Program Timer This timer allows selection of one of four options. ON, OFF, ON > OFF, or OFF > ON.
- ON-OFF Timer ON-OFF timer can be set to operate once every 24 hours.
- Weekly Timer Different on-off times can be set for up to 7 days.
- ALL DC With All DC, electricity loss is decreased and power consumption reduced.
- Washable Panel
- Economy mode Limits the maximum operation current, and performs operation with the power consumption suppressed.
- Filter sign Indicates the filter cleaning period by lamp.
- Control Port External inputs and outputs contained within the product allow on/off control, fresh air interlock connection and heater bank element connection. UTD-ECS5A* (optional parts). * Selected ducted units only.
- Blue Fin Heat Exchanger Corrosion-resistance of the heat exchanger in coastal areas has been improved by blue fin treatment of the outdoor unit heat exchange.
- Long-life* Ion deodorisation filter The filter deodorises by powerfully decomposing absorbed odours using the oxidizing filter and reducing effects of ions generated by the ultra-fine-particle ceramic. (*The filter can be used for approximately 3 years if it is washed under water to restore its surface action when it is dirty.)
- Apple-catechin filter
Fine dust, invisible mold spores and harmful micro-organisms are absorbed onto the filter by static electricity and further growth is inhibited and deactivated by the polyphenol ingredient extracted from apples.
|Model No. - Indoor||ASTG18LUCA|
|Model No. - Outdoor||AOTG18LUC|
|Reverse Cycle System||Yes|
|Cooling Capacity (Watts)||5000|
|Cooling Capacity (BTU/h)||17100|
|Heating Capacity (Watts)||6000|
|Heating Capacity (BTU/h)||20400|
|Power Supply (Watts)||240|
|Phase-Frequency (Ph - Hz)||1-50|
|Power Supply Attachment||Outdoor|
|Plug Size (If Applicable)||N/A|
|Running Current, Cooling (Amps)||6.5|
|Running Current, Range (Amps)||Max 9.5|
|Running Current, Heating (Amps)||6.7|
|Running Current, Range (Amps)||Max 13.5|
|Input, Cooling (Watts)||1530|
|Input, Range (Watts)||180-2250|
|Input, Heating (Watts)||1580|
|Input, Range (Watts)||170-3200|
|Moisture Removal (l/hr)||2.6|
|E.E.R. - Cooling||3.27|
|C.O.P. - Heating||3.8|
|Star Rating - Cooling||2|
|Star Rating - Heating||3|
|Air Circulation, High (l/s)||264|
|Dimensions - Inside Unit (HxWxD mm)||282x870x185|
|Weight - Inside Unit (kg)||8.5|
|Dimensions - Outside Unit (HxWxD mm)||620x790x290|
|Weight - Outside Unit (kg)||40|
|I.U. Sound Pressure Level (dBA@1mtr)||47|
|O.U. Sound Pressure Level (dBA@1mtr)||53|
|O.U. Sound Power Level (dBA)||70|
|Connection Pipe Sizes, Gas (mm)||12.7|
|Connection Pipe Sizes, Liquid (mm)||6.35|
|Pre Charged Length (Metre)||15|
|Minimum Pipe Length (Metre)||3|
|Maximum Pipe Length (Metre)||20|
|Maximum Pipe Height (Metre)||15|
|Pipe Connection Methods||Flare|
|Outdoor operating Temp, Cooling Degrees C||10 to 46|
|Outdoor operating Temp, Heating Degrees C||-15 to 24|